Monday, February 23, 2015

Finish the Race



I don't have a life changing story. But I have a heart that is being changed daily by the grace of God. His word within me, His love for me and the very fact He lives in me is my on going transformation. 

I have a love to encourage and share Christ with others and a passion to walk with them as they grow in their relationship with Christ. 

It's all about fighting the good fight and finishing the race with a group of other passionate Jesus followers. 

One of the newest ways Jesus is using me is through health. 

This is an area I never thought I would be used in, being the fact that food and me haven't meshed well and well...cooking let's just not go there. So when my hubby became fed up with eating horrible food one night, it was the beginning of a much needed change within me. I knew that night I needed to start making a better effort to fuel all three of my boys with the proper foods to help them be the best they can be for the Lord. 

That's where the Daniel Plan came in (Rick Warren) I spent a lot of time in prayer and still have and began reading what God's Word said about our health and bodies. 

It's been almost two years since that night and the Lord has done amazing things in and through each of us. As you have seen the greatest change has taken place in my husband's life. It's a joint effort. It requires teamwork, commitment, planning and action. 

But most of all it requires three key factors that will not only benefit your health but also your relationship with Christ. 

1. Counting the cost 

2. Giving up yourself

3. Commitment to finish the race. 

So what's keeping you from taking care of the one thing God created to be used for His glory? 

Our bodies are not our own. They belong to Christ and were bought with a price only Christ could pay. 

He gave up His for you, will you do the same for Him? 

Let's visit! 

0 comments: