Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Not Your Typical Monday

It was a Monday just like most, so I thought.

We all got home and he told us to get in the car we were going to go eat with some friends. 

So we all got loaded up and headed out, when he says we need to run by the Church real quick to help our friend move some tables around for Sunday school. 

Confused as to why, I began asking a lot of questions. Maybe even grumbling a little ;)

We pull up and Will, our friend meets us at the car and asks if we could both come in and help.

So I begin to get out and get the boys out when Will says it will just be a minute they are fine. So we start to walk in and I notice Will is not coming. (Hence the boys will be fine in the car)

I begin to realize something is going on. 

G walks me into the Sanctuary and takes me to the front of the altar. 

We sit down and I notice there is music playing in the background. 

I begin to get nervous and G grabs my hands and begins...

"I remember the first time you and I talked and the first thing you asked me was  "Are you a Christian?" At that very moment I knew you were different. I knew I wanted to get to know you more.

God made you just for me.  We are a perfect fit. We have had a lot of ups and downs, but we have always pushed through. Everyday I love you more and more. I love you more today than I did then. You make me a better man. You have always supported me in whatever I chose to do. 

We have grown in so many areas and I am a better man and dad because of you. We really do fill each other's holes. 

I love serving Jesus and others with you. I love your heart for the Lord. You are rare and you stand strong for what you believe and I love that about you. I want to lead you and our boys spiritually and be that leader for you guys. 

I know ten years ago I didn't really get the proposal right, but today I want to try again. 

At this point he takes me to the altar and we kneel down. 

Before I do anything I want to pray with you. So of course I try to gather my composure and stop sobbing so he can pray. 

He finishes and I begin to get up. He grabs my hand and kneels down on one knee. 

This is where I should have brought you the first time. The place that means the most to both of us. 

Kristi, will you serve Jesus with me for the next 60 years of our lives? Will you continue to walk with me as we raise our boys in the Word of God? Will you let me serve you and our family for the rest of our lives, always keeping Christ in the center? Will you continue to walk with me on this path the Lord has set us on? 

He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a little black box and opens it up. 

Will you love me and serve Jesus with me forever? May this ring be a reminder of who we are today. May it be our commitment to always put God first and serve Him daily. 

Sigh...this man was way more than I ever deserved. 

I of course said yes all while knocking him over when I threw my self on him. :)

Avery and Dax, you have been placed in the arms of an earthly daddy who loves Jesus, us and others passionately. I pray your love for your wives will be a reflection of your love for Christ, just like your daddy's. 

I pray you will learn from our relationship what a relationship with Christ looks like, individually and married. 

Garrett, you my sweet man are the love of my life. Your unconditional love is a visible reminder of Christ's unconditional love for me. 

Thank you for the man you are today and the man you will be tomorrow and the next day and the next day. 

Thank you for teaching me daily what selflessness looks like. Thank you for providing for our family. Thank you for leading us spiritually. 

You my love, still give me butterflies. You are my partner, my best friend, my teammate, my helper, my biggest supporter, my encourager and the most amazing daddy. I am so blessed to have been made to be your helper. 

Jerry and Gabie, you set the example of true love by the way you loved. I am forever thankful and honored to serve, love, and walk through this life with your son. 

Jesus, You have blessed me here on earth more than my mind can fathom. You are my forever soul mate. May I love Garrett the way You love me. May I honor You by honoring him. May I be a reflection of You in my speech, actions, reactions and attitude towards him, building him up, encouraging him and supporting him. 

Thank You for taking up residency within us and within our home. 

May all who enter our home and  presence see and feel You first and foremost, in the most overwhelming way.












0 comments: