Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day One

Today is day 1 of making rising early a habit. Although I was awake at 5:20, I did not get out of bed. G had to be up that early to get to Abilene, so I was awake to tell him I loved him. 

Then I drifted off to sleep while I was praying for him. This is not a fail for me, because I did get out of bed at 6:45 on a Saturday. 

I had a great hour and half quite time before A got up.

So far I am pleased. I know through the power of the Holy Spirit it will become easier, especially as my body adjusts to a new sleep pattern. 
 
This morning as I studied these women, I  found that each of them rise early. 

Proverbs 31:15 says, "She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls." 

There is a reason she rises early. Because there is only 24 hours in a day. So in order for her to make use of the time given, and the gifts God has entrusted her with she knows she must rise early to...

1. Meet with Jesus
2. Plan out her day
3. Provide for her families needs

Because when those are done, she too, is out the door serving, working, supporting her husband and taking care of others. 

She is always placing others before her self. I want my life to reflect those same character qualities. 

Jesus you have given me a new day to rise early and meet with You and take care of my family. Those are the two most important gifts You have given me and I want to honor You and them. I know I will have days I struggle but I trust in Your strength and the help of the Holy Spirit to help me overcome temptations of laziness and selfish thinking. Thank You for this amazing privilege. Amen


0 comments: