Monday, February 3, 2014

You Choose

I am loving my study of Proverbs. I love the simplicity that is found within every verse.

The Lord makes it so clear the benefits of being godly verse the destruction of being a fool. Every passage gives us a choice. Will we choose to be godly and live a godly life, reaping the blessings, OR will we choose to live foolishly reaping the consequences?

Here's a little example of how I break each passage down, and yes I am going passage by passage. I want to make sure I digest every ounce of wisdom God wants to pour over me.

This is one example.

"Disaster strikes like a cyclone, whirling the wicked away, but the godly have a lasting foundation." Proverbs 10:25

The Fool
-Will be whirled away

The Godly
-Will have a lasting foundation

It's our choice. Will we choose to be the fool that will soon be whirled away or will we choose to be godly and stand on our lasting foundation, which is Jesus Christ?

Then to really grasp what the Lord is saying I do some major cross referencing along with what I call CAB (Command-Application-Benefit)and I LOVE IT!

Matthew 7:24-25-"Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on a solid rock."

     -What Command is God giving in this passage?
            *To Listen and Obey

     -How can I Apply this today?
            *Speak less and listen more-then go and DO what God has commanded me to do. Jesus help me to always have my eyes, heart, mind and ears open and ready to hear from You. 
            *Listen to the advice of the godly. Listen to the voice of God. Listen to my family when they speak.
            *Do what God has commanded of me-love, be gentle, react calmly, react when the Holy Spirit prompts.

    -The Benefit (s)
         *I will grow in wisdom, I will remain on Christ's lasting foundation that is solid and unwavering.

There is so much to gain when choosing to be wise.

Psalm 15:1-5 is a continuation of the benefits of being godly.

"Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Those who lead blameless lives and DO what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts. Those who refuse to slander others or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends. Those who despise persistent sinners, and honor the faithful followers of the Lord and keep their promises even when it hurts. Those who do not charge interest on the money they lend, and who refuse to accept bribes to testify against the innocent. Such people WILL stand firm forever."

I don't know about you but I choose to be godly and live a godly life. To me the choice seems simple and the benefits of living a godly, wisdom filled life far outweigh any worldly benefit.

What will you choose today?



0 comments: