Monday, February 10, 2014

This Doesn't Come Close

He was my Pastor for 4 years. He has been my mentor, best friend, accountability partner, and even my competitor in dominoes, for the last 7 years.

There are an endless amount of words to describe how amazing he really is. G and I could spend hours on end telling you what a blessing he has been in our lives. We have laughed and cried with him and his precious wife many times over.

We have spent many Thursday nights competing in dominoes, stayed up late visiting and doing lots of eating.

There has not been a time G and I have not savored being with him and his precious wife.

He is the most humble man who oozes integrity and Jesus in the most amazing way. He never takes credit for anything, rather he always gives God the glory.

He is loving, yet firm in his faith. He never sugar coats the truth. He is passionate about the Lord, the Word, the Church, and people.

He has a love for his family that radiates out of each one of them. His wife is his greatest companion who is always keeping him on his toes and making him laugh. She is the greatest encourager and helper to him. There are only a few like her and God blessed him with one of them.

Do you know there are people God gives you specifically? God gave me him. He has been the greatest encourager in my walk with the Lord, in this blog, and in my teaching. Most people use commentators, I use him. (We laugh about this)

His knowledge of the Lord amazes me daily.

I can't express how much I love and respect him. There is a not a day that goes by that G and I don't thank the Lord for two of the greatest best friends.

I could fill page after page telling you about the amazing qualities God has filled him with and the way he has blessed me and my family. But rather I want to tell you that this man, today much like Paul is struggling with illness.

His body is tired, but his Spirit is as willing and strong as ever. Like Paul, he keeps pressing forward doing all that God has called him to do, sharing the message of Jesus Christ. These words from Paul describe him exactly.

"As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God." 2 Timothy 2:6

Tonight, he could use faithful prayer warriors, those who commit to praying when they say they will. He could use many flooding the Most Holy Place on his behalf for healing. And not just prayer for him, but for his family as well.

Would you commit to praying for him for the next 10 days, PLEASE!

Why just 10, because I believe that our God can do abundantly more than we could ever dare to ask or hope for, and I believe that our God can move mountains. I also believe that with unwavering faith that God can and will do something amazing and jaw dropping in 10 days. And please understand, as we have already visited about this, he and I know that however God chooses to heal him, is gain!

So with that, I am asking you to pray for one of the most precious and amazing men in my life for the next 10 days.

I have left him nameless, due to the fact that he never wants attention draw to himself, rather he wants God to receive all the attention. He is humbly crazy amazing like that!

I will give you a few specifics to pray specifically for.

1. Wisdom and discernment for the doctors
2. Peace and comfort for him and his family
3. Rest for his tired and hurting body

My tears daily flood the Most Holy Place for you sweet one.

0 comments: