Thursday, January 23, 2014

Our Relationship

I always seem to be brought back to this particular passage, "Inside the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend." Exodus 33:11

The more I understand the significance and importance of my relationship with Christ, the more I realize how important it is for me to invest in Him, like He does in me.

This will always be a relationship where His investment far outweighs mine. He is Perfect. He is Sovereign. He is the Creator, Holy and All-Knowing. His invest and love will always be greater, and I am ever so thankful for that. 

I desire with every ounce of me to invest in Him like He so desires. I want our relationship to be real, genuine and like no other relationship. I want to have those face to face meetings with Him like Moses did. 

I can sit here and type a million "I need to's" but I don't want my relationship with Him to be "Jesus "I need" to spend more time with You. "I need" to invest in us more. "I need" to talk to You more. "I need"to…

I want to be all in, completely and fully devoted, giving of myself at all times to honor and please Him. 

The Lord is showing me daily how important our relationship is, without Him nothing matters. 

Without Him, there is no joy, no hope, no laughter, no life, no healing, no purpose. 

Just yesterday, as I was driving home, the Lord revealed to me a greater sense of urgency to invest and commit more to our relationship. 

Jesus wants more from me; more attention, more time, more listening, more communicating, more trust. He wants that face to face meeting with me, daily, with no distractions, just pure undivided attention. 

Jesus could walk away from our relationship at any time. He has that power, authority and right. He doesn't have to be with me. But He chooses to. 

"I no longer call you servants, because a master doesn't confide in his servants. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't chose me, I chose you." John 15:15-16

He chose me. I am chosen by the Most High. The King of Kings. The Lord of Lords. The Great I AM!

Through the Holy Spirit in me, I want to have such a thriving relationship with Christ that every time I leave His presence my face is glowing from being in His Holy Presence. 

"When Moses came down the mountain carrying the stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, he wasn't aware that his face glowed because he had spoken to the Lord face to face. And when Aaron and the people of Israel saw the radiance of Moses' face, they were afraid to come near him." Exodus 34:29-30


 

0 comments: