Monday, January 13, 2014

L-A-Z-Y

"Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich." Proverbs 10:4

To be lazy is to be unwilling to work or use energy.

As I meditated on this passage and the definition of lazy, I was really taken back, by the overwhelming conviction I had in my heart regarding this.

I have really been praying to be a better steward with my time. I want to use my time wisely and in a manner that is productive and useful for the Lord.

But I can't do that if I am being lazy.

I can't be unwilling to work or use energy…

As a child of God
As a wife
As a mom
As a teacher
In our home
In my speech
In my thoughts
As a servant
As a business owner
Or with the blessings and gifts God has given me.

So how does one overcome being lazy and use their time wisely?  For me it's by removing the things that encourage laziness.

T.V.
Staying up to late
Eating bad
Stress
Being self-focused (This is a huge one. the more I focus on myself the more I waste time being productive for the Lord. If I think of Christ first and then others, I will desire to do more for Him and them, then tend to my flesh.)

This is not an easy thing, but one that must be chosen daily, second by second.

Jesus help me to be the best steward with this amazing gift of time. Amen


0 comments: