Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Gift of Selflessness

Selflessness…

It's the gift that is found in Christ. It's the giving up of one's self in order to put others first. It is the gift God gave us when He sent Christ to die for us. It's the gift, that if used, will change lives, homes, even nations. It's the sweetest gift you can give Christ and others.

Christ's birth, death, and resurrection is the perfect example of selflessness.

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me. If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life." Luke 9:23-24

"For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want." John 6:38

0 comments: