Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's Not Up To Me To Know, God Knows and They Know!


"He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them." Mark 10:14-16

How do you know when your babies are really ready for Baptism?

This is a subject my husband and I have often. We want this decision to be completely theirs. Nothing forced, just complete love for Jesus, and their desire to be obedient.

Recently, our now 5 year old, hollered from the backseat. "Mama, I want to get baptized right now!"

Of course I was shocked because it was so random, so raw, so real.

I of course being the mom I am said, "Well baby that is fabulous! But we can't do it right now. We need to go home and visit with daddy, and then visit with our Pastor. Okay?"

"Why mama, why can't you just do it?"

I laughed and said, "It just doesn't work like that."

"Well who baptized you?"

"My daddy baptized me."

"Papaw is a Pastor? I didn't know that."

I laughed!!

So of course we preceded to discuss what baptism means, why we do it, and the importance of being baptized.

I asked some tough questions, some deep questions, and not to confuse him, but to see if he really understood the meaning. To see if his heart belonged to Christ.

And to my surprise he says, "Mommy, I know I am a sinner, I sin all the time, and I have asked Jesus in my heart and I know He is there?"

How do you know Jesus is in your heart, I asked?

And Dax said "He just went knock knock, I opened the door and He came in."

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

 I would have given anything to have been able to record that comment so I could play it over and over and over.

The simplicity God gave us to be saved, yet how often we make it so difficult.

I don't know, but I would say this mama needs to get out of the way and let God keep doin' what He's doin'.

I believe my baby is ready?

"He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them." Mark 10:14-16

0 comments: