Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Less of Me and More of Him

“He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30

Do you ever feel like self gets in the way of Jesus working in you? Okay that might be a crazy question because we all know self is always in the way. That’s why for me self is known as Miss “Me”.

I am in the process of working on my 1000 devotional and as I look back I notice that some have migrated towards self rather than towards the Lord.  Yes He is always tied in, but it seems like I have mentioned Him less and my issues more.

I know for many it helps them relate when we talk about our personal stories, but how can we keep from making ourselves bigger than Him?

I know for a fact that we can relate to His stories in His Word because He made it so we could.

As I begin this New Year with the purpose to please Him, reflect Him, and be filled with His Word, I know I must become less so He can become MORE.

In order for all that to happen, I need to store more of His Word within me and take my eyes off of me and place them on Him.

This is not always easy. But I know with the power of the Holy Spirit working in me, it is achievable.

So though it doesn’t draw in readers, I hope to write more about the Lord and less about me. In doing so the Lord works more and my opinion is less (which is a really GOOD thing).

Jesus teach me to follow every one of your principles. Give me understanding and I will obey your law; I will put it into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found. Amen (Psalm 119:33-35)

 

 

 

 

0 comments: