Monday, November 26, 2012

I Need It...do you?


"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit." Ephesians 3:16

There is so much power in Paul's prayer to the Ephesians and to us. I have read this prayer so many times; I have prayed this prayer over many others and for my boys as well.

But today the Lord brought me back to this passage and I know for a very specific reason. There is power in praying God's Word over yourself and others. And He knew I needed it!

The moment the Lord brought me back here it felt as though Paul was praying this prayer over me and for me specifically. 

I felt the security, the hope, the relief, the comfort come as I read our particular verse above. And just as I was about to move forward, the Lord stopped me and said one line at a time.

Brethren I need and want His mighty inner strength to fall all over me through the Holy Spirit that is alive within me. I know how glorious He is and that His resources are truly unlimited and that brings me great comfort.

As I went over and over this in my heart, I couldn't shake the mighty inner strength. I need mighty inner strength to stand up against temptations, and any and all arrows Satan tries to throw at me. Especially right now with all this change that has taken place in our lives.

I mean who in this world does not want or desire mighty inner strength? Okay, well we know there are a few who could care less, but not me. 

I NEED IT! I am weak, I am easily tempted in certain struggles and I can give in without thinking it through.

So, for this sinner, in need of Jesus daily, I need His glorious unlimited resources of mighty inner strength.

I want to be strong, but in order to develop this mighty inner strength, I have to get Miss "ME" out of the way and let the Holy Spirit take center stage.

Even that in itself is hard, but brethren it can be done and the Lord promises that.

Jesus thank You for always knowing exactly what I need and for the comfort that comes from Your Word. Amen

0 comments: