Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sweet as Honey

"Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body." Proverbs 16:24

A little honesty for you today, okay A LOT of honesty. I am horrible at telling G the things I love the most about him. 

You might be wondering if this is something that should be done every day and well for me, yes I think it should be, for many reasons too. 

One is because G's love language just happens to be Words of affirmation. This happens to be one of the things I am the worst at. 

So last night as I was spending time with the Lord, He reminded me of why it is so important. 

It's important because I desire the same thing from the Lord. I want to hear words of affirmation from Him. I want to hear all the ways He loves me. 

And for some odd reason it is easier for me to accept it from the Lord than it is from G.

Anyway, what better way to be an encouragement to your husband than by telling Him the things He does well and the reasons you love him.

It will also help you overcome any anger, bitterness, or frustration you have towards him. Jesus likes it when we overcome anger with love. Not that I am angry at G, because I am not, I am just telling you from personal experience when I have been it has helped. 

Jesus likes to call it, counting our blessings.

So brethren, can you share 10 things you love about your spouse? Could you do it for the next 10 days?

Jesus as I shower G with kind words let them fill his soul with sweetness and bring health to his body, just as Your Word says. Amen


0 comments: