Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's the Use?

Dear brothers and sisters, what's the use of saying you have faith if you don't prove it by your actions?" James 2:14

What's the use of saying you have faith if your actions don't prove it? How powerful is this passage?

True faith transforms us into new and different people. Our actions are a reflection of our faith.

Oh geez brethren this one hit me between the eyes.

Are my actions reflecting true faith or a doubting faith?

Are my actions towards others reflecting a true and transformed woman who has complete faith that Jesus indeed died for her, loves her and forgave her?

What's the use of saying I have faith if my actions prove differently?

Jesus test me and know me. Search me and reveal to me the depth of my faith. Transform me so that my actions and speech will reflect a true genuine faith in You. Amen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting that I found your blog while looking at the First Baptist Church website. The blog name is ironic but I don't know you personally, so have no idea if it is tongue in cheek or merely a catchy alliteration.

Within the past year, I have had occasion to come in contact with various members of your congregation through social, business and mere happenstance situations. I have found a very disturbing common thread.

The women I have personally encountered from First Baptist Church in Carthage are some of the most hateful malicious women I have encountered in my nearly five decades on this earth. I am struggling with my inability to stand up to their unprovoked attacks on people whom I know and upon myself. And, I'm not talking about just run-of-the-mill gossip. I'm talking about a level of cruelty and derision that I have never seen before in my life.

Your blog seems meaningful and heartfelt so this is by no means a reflection upon you personally or your efforts to minister to your readers. I have been contemplating for months writing a letter to your church because of the trend I've seen.

That being said, perhaps this venting will accomplish in some small part the purging of my guilt for not being able to defend the undeserving victims of their attacks.

As for myself, I will avoid First Baptist Church of Carthage at all costs and will remain highly guarded around any members of its congregation.