Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Guaranteed Delivery

I know you will think I am crazy and behind on times, and in reality, I probably am. But I have just recently discovered this amazing thing. Tracking my shipment! Just recently I ordered something and was later sent an email that said, "Keep track of your shipment."

So I clicked on the tracking number and it took me to a page that was so detailed. It showed me where my order was, when it was sent, the day, the time, the hours until I would receive it, etc.

It was fabulous. I got more excited checking that email and watching where all my order went just to get to me.

It has been a busy little thing, and doing a lot of sightseeing.

I am thankful for these men and women who work all around the clock so I can get mail, even if it is bills.

I never realized how much work was put into getting mail and/or packages. But today I am thankful.

Do you know something else many of us don’t realize or even get excited about for that matter, is watching God’s Word spread?

Just like my mail and package is delivered by man, so the Word of God is delivered by us. It starts, let’s say in Jasper TX and before we know it, His Word has spread from Jasper clear across the World. Amazing isn’t it?

The difference here is; God’s Word is a lot more beneficial and exciting than this package I am waiting on. And though I cannot track where all God’s Word goes when I send it out, I do know for a fact it is being sent out, and is busy at work, doing a lot of sightseeing, and changing tons of lives as well.

How do I know God’s Word is spreading, well one, I am spreading it along with lots of my other brothers and sisters, and two, God tells me so, in my favorite verse. Isaiah 55:10-11 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my WORD. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.”

So though I can’t keep record everyday of where all God’s Word goes when it is spread (sent out), I can be sure it is going out, and will reach each person it is to be delivered to.

Now that is exciting!

Jesus, thank You for the guaranteed delivery of Your Word. Amen


0 comments: