Friday, May 20, 2011

Straight from the LORD Himself

If I had not been on the interstate driving 70 miles an hour I would have been able to capture a picture of the billboard that said May 21 is the end of the world.

I couldn't help but to laugh out loud at the silliness of man.

I have to say The Lord and I had a great time giggling about it. I wondered why May 21 was the day and why it couldn't have been two days ago or tomorrow.

Knowing the word brethren is of such importance! I am sure the people passing me thought I was weird because I truly was laughing and in full blown, moving my mouth, conversation with the Lord.

Oh, mercy God is just so good. Brethren the Lord speaks very clearly about His return and I can assure you, that if the Son himself, and the angels don't even know...well, NEITHER DO YOU. It is biblical! I can assure you one thing, when it is time, and He comes, it will be SPECTACULAR! Better yet instead of me saying anymore, let's just hear it straight from the LORD Himself.

"I really don't need to write to you about how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters. For you know quite well that the day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. When people are saying, 'All is well; everything is peaceful and secure,' then disaster will fall upon them as suddenly as a woman's birth pains begin when her child is about to be born. And there will be no escape." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3


"However, no one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS. When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day. In those days before the Flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. People didn't realize what was going to happen until the Flood came and swept them all away. That is the way if will be when the Son of Man comes." Matthew 24:36-39


So don't be scared and PLEASE don't believe what those people say or plaster on a huge billboard. Trust in the word of God, be prepared and spend every day getting ready. Be mindful of all you do and where you go. You would hate for Jesus to return while you were somewhere you shouldn't be. Well, again hear it for yourself from Jesus.

"But you aren't in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won't be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief. For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don't belong to darkness and night. So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be sober. Night is the time for sleep and the time when people get drunk. But let us who live in the light think clearly protected by the body armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. For God decided to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. he died for us so that we can live with him forever, whether we are dead or alive at the time of his return. So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:4-11


Aren't you excited? I hope you are spending each second getting ready and being prepared, I sure don't want anyone who is willing to miss the ride home! 

I just have to say, wouldn't it be absolutely amazing to be spending intimate time with the Lord in His word and then the next thing you know you are face to face with Him. Oh my goodness gracious, Jesus let it be! 

One day brethren when we least expect it! Hasten the day Lord Jesus, hasten the day.

Jesus I just had the best time with You, laughing and talking. Thank You that my sweet boys love to join in visiting and laughing with You. I pray it will become a daily routine for them as well. Jesus we are excited about Your coming and spending eternity with You. Help us stay alert, working, and focused on You at all times. Jesus when You come I hope You find us sharing Your word, spending time with You and serving. What devastation there would be if we were in a place that brought You sadness and sorrow. We love You and we are just thrilled about Your coming. Amen

Oh, Lord one more thing, bless those sweet private readers who are unseen that come to Godly Gossip. You know them by name and I pray You bless them. Saturate them with Your word. Amen


0 comments: