Friday, January 21, 2011

Catching up

“Inside the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.” Exodus 33:11

I am sitting in the lobby of our hotel surrounded by men and women laughing and talking. I am assuming it is a big family reunion. I am tucked away over in a little corner and I can’t help but to watch them as they mingle with family they haven’t seen in a while.

Isn’t it fun to visit family you haven’t seen in a while and catch up on what’s going on? I enjoy it so much; the only bad part about my last couple get together’s has been because of death. But even so, it is still nice to catch up and invest a little more into your relationship.

Just like when we slow down enough to catch up with Jesus and invest some time into our relationship with Him. There is never a time we don’t walk away loving every minute that we spend with Him.

We should really do that more, you know, invest quality time with Jesus like Moses did.  He met with God a lot. We should meet with Jesus a lot.

There is so much joy and laughter in this room, it just feels good, and sounds inviting. That is how I want my relationship with Jesus to be. When we meet I want there to be joy, laughter, and feel and sound so wonderful that I leave wanting to invite others to join us next time.

God is good brethren and I know He is in this room tonight, mingling!

Prayer: Jesus thank You for this huge family. Thank You for bringing them together to catch up and spend quality time with one another in joy and love. I pray that You are the center of each life and that every day they will invest their time in You. Amen

0 comments: