Saturday, December 11, 2010

Confident Assurance

“So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” Hebrews 11:6

Day 11- We have set up camp here in Judea as we wait on the arrival of John, the baby boy of Zechariah and Elizabeth. Today we will stay around camp, Elizabeth and Zechariah will join us here.

Zechariah: Thank you for allowing us to come and join you at your camp today. Today I want to share with you something so important; actually, I find it to be extremely necessary at this point of your journey. Because if you want to receive the greatest blessing that awaits you in Bethlehem than you must make sure you… 

Have faith! We all have faith, but unfortunately not all of us have faith in the one for whom it should be-Christ Jesus.

I believe God has placed each of you on this journey in order for your faith in His Son to develop, grow, and strengthen, just as He did for me that day in the sanctuary.

I always thought my faith in God was strong, but the Lord revealed something to me I didn’t quite expect. An area of doubt, and it came out when I questioned His ability to give Elizabeth and me a child in our old age. Through this situation I realized two things. 1. I allowed my human flesh to take over. 2. I placed more attention on my age instead of on the power and ability of God. (Have any of you ever looked at your problem rather than God’s power and ability?)

I want to share with you a passage in the book of Hebrews that I believe will help you understand faith a little better. It is Hebrews 11:1-3 “What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. God gave his approval to people in days of old because of their faith. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.”

Every story in God’s word is a story of faith, and each story of faith shows God’s righteousness, power and complete control. God does not want or like when we put our faith in man or in the world. Instead He wants us to put our faith in the one whom He sent-Jesus. Our faith should be based on the promises of God which are given to us from His word.  God wants us to ask all things, yet He expects us to believe He will answer. He also wants us to understand that it is His timing and His way, not ours.

When we doubt or waiver in our faith, we are saying we don’t trust God’s power or ability. That is displeasing to the Lord, and He showed me and you that when He took away my ability to speak. Honestly brethren it is not about what we think. It is about God’s purpose being fulfilled and in this case it was about God putting His plan into motion. It was not for me to question, but to accept. For me one of God’s greatest purposes that day was to strengthen my faith, your faith, and to show us His timing and reason for all things, which is to bring Him glory, thus the purpose of my son John. It would be John’s faith in God that would allow him to prepare the way for Jesus.

It is through our faith the Lord’s righteousness is revealed and that allows us to prepare the way for Jesus' return.

The blessing that awaits you in Bethlehem can only be given through faith. Look at what the later part of Hebrews 11 says about the importance of faith.  So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.”  Hebrews 11:6

God will reveal to us what He wants us to know and understand. All He wants from us is a steadfast and obedient faith. The more we know the Lord and study His word the stronger our faith in Him becomes. I don’t know about you but if God is able to SPEAK this world and everything in it into existence, don’t you think He is able to accomplish and do ANYTHING? When you face moments that seem impossible just look up and look in the word and know they are possible with God, so just have faith.

Go in faith your reward awaits you.
  

0 comments: