Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wake up Call

“Examine yourselves to see if your faith is really genuine. Test yourselves. If you cannot see that Jesus Christ is among you, it means you have failed the test.” 2 Corinthians 13:5


In my attempt to gather some research for a writing assignment I came across this amazing website that left me flabbergasted and in awe all day yesterday, I could not shake these statistics from my mind. Here is a preview for you.

“The rate in which a light flashes on top of an emergency vehicle is the average rate that people are dying and going to hell.” Biblehelp.org Copyright © 1987 -2004 Michael Bronson

Can you comprehend that? I highly recommend you check out this website http://www.biblehelp.org/dieday.htm

I think the statistics will blow you away! Please understand these are only statistics and only God knows, but this should be an eye opener for all of us. I don’t think we can even begin to comprehend just how many people are going to hell. Maybe this will light a spark with in all of us to start getting it together and examining our own lives. Oh I can only pray that it will!

We should be in a foot race to share the word of God with someone every single day. Again being that only God knows, I wanted to give you some numbers to look at.

As of 2009 the estimated world population was around 6,790,062,216. (That’s almost 7 billion) people. According to the statistics from our article if only 7% of the world’s population is going to heaven that means 490 million people will go to heaven and 6,510,000,000 will not!

(Thank you daddy for helping me with my horrible math skills, I know this gave you the heebie geebies so thank you for hearing the desperation and urgency that filled my heart for those who are lost.)

Again ONLY God knows the exact number and He gives us warning in Matthew 7:13-14 about how narrow the gate to Heaven really is.

“You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for many who choose the easy way. But the gateway to life is small, and the road is narrow, and only a few ever find it.”  

There will be no second chances when the Lord returns! Don’t put off coming to know Him, living for Him, and seeking Him through His word. Start NOW!!!

Is He in you? Are you living as Christ lived or as you want to live? Let this be your wake up call

Prayer: Lord only You know the exact number that will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and Father how I pray that we will not waste any more days pleasing our flesh or passing up opportunities to share Jesus Christ with others. Thank You for placing this urgency within me to share and encourage believers and non-believers to turn and seek You now. Amen

0 comments: