Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A book of thoughts

“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5

Have you ever read a book complied of people’s thoughts? And I am not talking about people’s opinions I am talking about thoughts that are never said.

I don’t know if such a thing even exists, but if it did I would read it. Not because I want to know what people are thinking, well maybe a little, but because I might actually find some relieve knowing others have the same kind of thoughts that I do. And even though my husband says no one thinks like I do, I beg to differ.

If I were to write down every thought that passed through my mind and put out for the public eye to read, it would be scary, embarrassing, funny, shameful, and sad.

And though no one knows what the other is thinking there is one who does. He knows my every thought from far away. He knows all the scary, embarrassing, funny, shameful and sad thoughts that run through my mind. And yet He still loves me and accepts me.

But He will not tolerate any thoughts that take away from Him, are unloving, or sinful. That is why I must take captive EVERY thought and make it obedient to Christ. So for the next week I am going to write down every passing thought (not to share, maybe a few) but to take hold of, bring before the Lord and confess.

Anyone struggle with their thoughts? If so, I hope you will join me in taking our thoughts captive.

Prayer: Lord make me aware of every thought that is displeasing to You. Help me to take these thoughts captive and make them obedient to You. Amen




0 comments: